Bushcraft Weekends from the UK’s Leading Bushcraft Course Provider
Packed with bushcraft skills and knowledge. Taught by professionals. Great value.
You’ve come to the right place for bushcraft weekends. Multiple award-winning Frontier Bushcraft has a range of fantastic weekend courses on offer. From gentle introductions to intensive training courses. One of our weekend bushcraft courses is right for you…
Why Frontier Bushcraft?
Frontier Bushcraft has one of the most experienced and well-regarded instructional teams in the UK, headed up by Paul Kirtley:
- Voted the UK’s top bushcraft instructor in the 2012 Best In Bushcraft Awards;
- Trained under Ray Mears for 10 years;
- Recipient of the antler-handled Woodlore Instructor’s knife;
- Previously Course Director (chief instructor) at Mears’ bushcraft school;
- A respected authority, writing the UK’s top-ranked bushcraft blog;
“If anyone has a ‘bucket list’ or wish list; a day with Paul ‘out in the woods’ has got to be on it! You will be very hard pushed to find a better practitioner or instructor in the UK.”
“I strongly recommend doing a course with Paul. He is very patient and skilled and it was such an amazing and eye opening experience. Make the investment folks. It will be worth it!”
Voted The UK’s Best Bushcraft School
Frontier Bushcraft has rapidly become recognised as one of the UK’s leading bushcraft schools.
In 2012 Frontier Bushcraft was voted the UK’s Best Bushcraft School.
What Our Clients Say:
“If there’s anyone out there trying to decide which company to choose, to either introduce them to, or to further their bushcraft knowledge, then I can wholeheartedly recommend Frontier Bushcraft.” Adrian Burt.
“If anyone is hesitating about doing a course with Frontier Bushcraft I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Paul has that rare gift of combining superb knowledge with an easy going teaching ability.” Gary Waidson.
“For anybody considering doing something similar, whilst I do not want to sound like I’m on commission, this is worth every penny. The time spent with friends and children is really very special and the laughter and knowledge lasts a lifetime. My advice, stop thinking about it and just book it!” Simon Holdsworth.
“I would like to thank Paul Kirtley of Frontier Bushcraft for an absolutely awesome weekend. There was one problem with the weekend…. It went far too quickly. This made going back to the office A REAL CHORE, let me tell you. We shall definitely be doing another weekend course…Thanks once again Paul for a brill weekend.” Marcus Hackney.
A Range of Weekend Bushcraft Courses
We’ve designed a range of short courses – 1-day, 2-day and 3-day – aimed specifically to suit the amount of time you have available and what you would like to learn…
Bushcraft and Survival Foundation Course (1 Day)
The award-winning Bushcraft and Survival Foundation Course is an engaging, hands-on and fun day in the woods learning bushcraft survival skills. We cover an important range of techniques and knowledge that will help you to provide your basic needs and to stay safe while in the outdoors.
- Fire – Grasp the Fundamentals of Firelighting
- Shelter – The Key Principles and Practicalities
- Water – Find, Collect and Purify Water
- Food – Prepare Food in the Outdoors and Cook With Fire
- Outdoor Safety – Core Concepts and Emergency Essentials
- Equipment – Real-World Tips and Advice
Bushcraft Essentials (2 Days)
Bushcraft Essentials is for those who wish to learn as much as possible in the shortest possible time. The emphasis is very much on practical application rather than theory. In return for applying yourself, you will gain a skill-set which is extremely enabling.
In designing this course we asked ourselves the following:
- Which of the bushcraft skills are most important?
- Which skills, in reality, do we use the most?
- Which bushcraft skills are essential for travel in wild and remote areas?
- Which skills do we want you to go away with and be able to apply?
What we came up with was an amazing wish-list of wilderness bushcraft skills.
Frontier Bushcraft Taster Course (3 Days)
Our popular 3-day taster course is an enjoyable introduction to the many facets of bushcraft, touching on a broader range of subjects than our Bushcraft Essentials Course. The whole course is run outdoors and is designed to be hands-on and fun.
- Fire-lighting and campfire skills
- Shelters – using man-made and natural materials
- Campfire cookery
- Leaving no trace
- Bushcraft uses of plants and trees
- Seasonally available wild foods
- An introduction to tracking
- Exploring animal tracks and sign
- Techniques for nature observation
100% Money-Back Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your course, we’ll give you your money back. Just tell your course leader at the end of the course and we’ll arrange the rest. Taking a course with us is 100% risk free!
Copyright © 2010 – 2012 Frontier Bushcraft Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Frontier Bushcraft Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 7456133 and with its registered office at 145-157 St John Street, London EC1V 4PW.